The April issue of Smooth Jazz News is rolling through the presses now, with George Benson on the cover. The 10-time GRAMMY winner will be “Breezin'” into the Seabreeze Jazz Festival on April 24, in Panama City Beach, Florida. With a guitar case full of hits and his amazing band––comprising David Garfield (music director and keyboards), Michael O’Neill on guitar and vocals, Stanley Banks on bass, Khari Parker on drums, Lilliana De Los reyes on percussion and vocals, and Thom Hall on second keyboards––this is sure to be a magical evening of music on Northwest Florida’s Emerald Coast.
Benson is one of more than 22 acts that are scheduled to perform over five days at this 17th annual event. (Details at www.seabreezejazzfestival.com)
In addition to George Benson, this issue features:
* 17th Annual Seabreeze Jazz Festival profile, lineup and travel guide
* 15th Annual Desert Lexus Jazz at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden presented by the City of Indian Wells profile, lineup and travel guide
* DISCover New Music section of new CDs
* Seabreeze Jazz Festival ticket giveaway contest
* Calendar of national smooth jazz events
* The “Buzz” on the smooth jazz scene: photos of the Smooth Jazz News 15th anniversary celebration, and Dave Koz’s summer tour mates
* Book review: “Herbie Hancock: Possibilities”
* Cashmira’s Starguide: April horoscopes
* Cool concert clothing: JUST ADDED…Tahoe blue fleece jackets!
* Notes from me, the publisher
Magazines will be mailed to paid subscribers on Tuesday. The digital version can be read on our website, www.smoothjazznews.com, on April 1. Free circulation to San Diego County outlets, and shipments to radio stations, select jazz clubs and other venues will start on Tuesday.
We hope you enjoy reading Smooth Jazz News, and that you’ll stop by this blog often and give us your feedback by posting comments below.
I’d like to be subscribed to your digital News magazine. Thanks.
No need to subscribe to the digital version of Smooth Jazz News, simply logon to our website, http://www.smoothjazznews.com, and click on the link “click here to read current issue online.”
Thank you for your interest in Smooth Jazz News!